Weight Loss on Alpha Gal Diet

5:09 PM

I hate to call it an Alpha Gal diet but I don't know how else to term it. Basically, being forced to drop mammalian meat from my diet, has resulted in 16 pounds dropped and still losing. I have to say, I found it hard to believe because truly, I have tried all sorts of ways to lose weight and struggled so hard. Despite my best efforts, I only lost 5 to 10 pounds for my trouble and it always boomeranged back on. It has been quite a pleasant side effect of my dietary change to be losing weight and seeing it remain off.

I rather suspicion this is likely a temporary thing and will level out once I get a steady menu. In truth, there are some days that I don't eat much 1) because I don't crave food like I used to; and 2) Not being able to eat something that I want is sort of a put off and I end up eating lightly.

Last night however, I had a craving that I could indulge within my Alpha Gal limitations -- I wanted hot, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. So, I snagged some ready bake cookie dough from the grocery store and baked a dozen. I didn't eat them all by myself - my hubs shared them with me. They were awesome with ice cold milk. So far,  am fortunate to still be eating dairy.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me


I'm a semi-retired grandmother of two afflicted with Alpha-Gal. This blog documents the adventures of my journey to health and wellness since diagnosis. For more about me, see My Alpha Gal Story.

Like us on Facebook

...