Vegetable Lasagna at Mazzio's for the Adventurous Alpha Gal Diner

1:17 PM

Now with my Alpha Gal diagnosis, I have to consider my dining out options very carefully. First, I have to figure out which places might even have suitable vegetarian/vegan options and secondly, whether there might be cross contamination risks. Not always, but usually burger joints are pretty much out, especially for fellow AGers that are effected by the molecules in aromas. Yes, even the aromas of mammalian meats cooking can trigger reactions in some that are super sensitive. Thankfully, so far, aromas are not an issue for me. We will see if that changes. I'm hoping it doesn't...

Today, we had errands to run and at times like that it would have been our custom to grab a bite to eat while out and about. That hasn't been so easily doable since my husband's preferred foods clash with my AG limitations. However, we found out that Mazzio's has some new lasagna dishes. A roasted vegetable one, a chicken Mediterranean one and a *make your own*. I decided to go for the vegetable lasagna. According to PizzaMarketPlace.com, Roasted Veggie Lasagna is made from ricotta cheese-filled pasta blended with Asiago Alfredo sauce, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions and oven-roasted tomatoes. You can read more of PizzaMarketPlace's article about Mazzio's lasagnas and family pasta bakes here. I tried looking on Mazzio's website for nutritional info but didn't find it.


Here is what my lasagna looked like. I have to say, it was very tasty and generous helping for me. I only ate half of it. Although it came with a piece of garlic toast, I ate the cheese sticks with marinara sauce appetizer and polished it off with iced tea. I'm a light weight sweet tea drinker, a traitor to my southern roots, I drink my tea half strength -- half sweet/half unsweet.

This was my dining adventure for today.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me


I'm a semi-retired grandmother of two afflicted with Alpha-Gal. This blog documents the adventures of my journey to health and wellness since diagnosis. For more about me, see My Alpha Gal Story.

Like us on Facebook

...