Rough Day With Inflammation

6:31 PM

I had another rough day yesterday with inflammation. I can't claim with certainty that the inflammation is directly related to my Alpha Gal diagnosis but I can't help but wonder. When I have these rounds, it will start in a target area, which is usually my left shoulder. I have had this problem for years and years, just like I had the hives episodes for years and years. I used to call it *lightening strikes* through my shoulder as it would feel like electricity pulsing through my body radiating outward like lighting. And sadly it spreads over my whole body until even my hair hurts as odd that sounds. If I reach up and touch my scalp it feels very much like sunburn. I don't get a rash or redness or anything. Just misery. When I get a full blow episode of whatever this is, it hurts to move and I just want to go to sleep. Sometimes I sleep it off. And that just doesn't make sense to me that I could sleep it off. So that makes me wonder if it is dietary. Most of the time though I do take a couple of Ibuprofen when I finally resign myself to sleeping it off.

I need to get better about keeping a food diary so I can make connections on issues like this and get to the bottom of it. Yesterday I ate at Taco Bell. I had a bean burrito -- perhaps it had animal fat in the beans? I'll have to look into that. The other thing I had there was a Potato Griller -- it had sour cream on it. I had thought I wasn't having issues with dairy like others afflicted with Alpha Gal but I am truly beginning to wonder.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have had alpha gal for a year now and every time I eat at Taco Bell (i eat 7 layer burritos and bean burritos) I get stomach upset a few hours later. It isn't as bad as when I ate beef before my diagnosis and after the tick bite but it's noticeable. I don't remember this happening before the alpha gal (I was a vegetarian ages 15 to 30 and loved their seven layer burrito). I have done searches and there are sources that say their refried beans do not have lard in them, but I really wonder. Did a search again today about taco bell and alpha gal and your post came up.

    ReplyDelete

About me


I'm a semi-retired grandmother of two afflicted with Alpha-Gal. This blog documents the adventures of my journey to health and wellness since diagnosis. For more about me, see My Alpha Gal Story.

Like us on Facebook

...